Children's Mental Health: Support Happens in Community
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, so Paul Mattessich spoke with two experts on children's mental health in Minnesota. The discussion covers formal and informal mental health services, what we know about building positive relationships, and what you can do to help promote mental health among children.
- Dr. Cheryl Holm-Hansen, former senior research manager at Wilder Research, where she led studies related to children's mental health for more than 20 years.
- Dr. Mark Sander, senior clinical psychologist for Hennepin County & director of school mental health for Hennepin County and Minneapolis Public Schools.
Children's mental health resources
- Wilder Research publications on mental health
- National Alliance on Mental Illness - MN
- Ramsey County Children’s Mental Health Collaborative
- Hennepin County Children’s Mental Health Collaborative
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Children's Mental Health
- Amherst H. Wilder Foundation Mental & Chemical Health Services