Wilder Supportive Housing Services provide participants with flexible and responsive services alongside affordable housing.

Supportive Housing Services

Wilder helps families and youth achieve their full potential with supportive housing services. Participants get help finding safe and affordable housing along with flexible and responsive services that help them address and overcome challenges.

If you are seeking emergency shelter or housing in Minnesota, call 2-1-1 (United Way).

Supportive Housing Services We Offer

Wilder’s Supportive Housing Services are designed to meet families and youth wherever they are in their lives. We use a Housing First model to move families and youth into housing quickly, with the goal of creating stable housing in order to address the other destabilizing factors that led to homelessness in the first place. Our goals are to stabilize families and to increase their income so they can transition to housing they can afford in the long term.

Supportive housing services may include:

  • Assistance obtaining and maintaining safe, affordable housing
  • Employment readiness training
  • Educational support
  • Financial coaching 
  • Health care, including domestic violence services
  • Mental and chemical health services
  • Childcare and preschool

Where We Provide Services

Wilder provides supportive housing services to nearly 30 percent of eligible homeless families in Ramsey County, according to the 2015 Ramsey County Homeless Study. We provide both short- and long-term services to families and individuals in a variety of locations in Saint Paul and throughout the metro.

We provide services in:

  • Scattered site and site-based permanent supportive housing 
  • Scatter-site rapid re-housing
  • Housing program for families experiencing domestic violence
  • Site-based youth housing and housing for single adults
  • Direct assistance homelessness prevention support

Supportive Housing Works

A 2012 Wilder Research study found that supportive housing programs in Minnesota have a return on investment of $1.44 per dollar invested – and $1.32 per dollar for overall benefits to society.

If You Need Housing

Call 2-1-1 or local phone number 651-291-0211 for eligibility and pre-screening if you are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless or need emergency assistance to stay in your home. Access to Wilder Supportive Housing Services is available only through the Ramsey County Coordinated Access to Housing and Shelter (CAHS) System. By calling 2-1-1, you will be connected to resources that are designed for your housing needs.

Clean Water Land and Legacy Amendment Logo and Minnesota State Arts Board logo

This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant to the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a special legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.

Social Innovation Fund Logo

About the Social Innovation Fund

The Social Innovation Fund (SIF) was a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service that received funding from 2010 to 2016. Using public and private resources to find and grow community-based nonprofits with evidence of results, SIF intermediaries received funding to award subgrants that focus on overcoming challenges in economic opportunity, healthy futures, and youth development. Although CNCS made its last SIF intermediary awards in fiscal year 2016, SIF intermediaries will continue to administer their subgrant programs until their federal funding is exhausted. 

Related Stories and Research

Youth smiling and holding house keys, youth housing site in saint paul, prior crossing resident

It's My Home: Youth Make Opportunities to Thrive at Prior Crossing

Michaela Jones will never forget the first time she unlocked the door to her studio apartment at Prior Crossing. At age 21, she was rebuilding her life after experiencing homelessness. She was so excited that she asked a staff member at ...More about this story »