Healthy Aging & Caregiving Services serves the community in new and familiar ways
Wilder’s services for older adults and caregivers shifted quickly during the pandemic to meet the needs of our participants and the community. We are applying what we have learned to continue offering services that are even more flexible so that we can meet people right where they are to support their health and independence.
One of the most visible changes is our new location at 941 Lafond Avenue, next to the Frogtown Farm Community Garden.
Our new home at Wilder’s Lafond campus is close to the Wilder Child Development Center, the Wilder Center for Social Healing and other programs. We are excited about the opportunities to create intergenerational, whole-family services with Wilder programs and partners in our new location.
We continue to offer:
- Meals on Wheels access and delivery to our neighbors in Saint Paul
- Virtual Wellness Classes, like the upcoming Tai Ji Quan
- Caregiver supports including the Wilder Connect program
- New opportunities such as Community Care Services that provide assistance to people in their own homes
- The Walk With Ease program, part of Minnesota Department of Health's Let's Walk MN campaign, for people with joint pain or who want to improve their health.