Long term care support for those with Parkinson’s disease or memory loss and respite for caregivers
Wilder Connect is an in-person, long term care support program for people living with memory loss, Parkinson’s disease and neurodegenerative disorders.
The Wilder Connect program provides 4-hours of engaging activities, personal care and healthy meals, while offering rest and self-care time for their family and friend caregivers. Please note: Safety protocols are in place during COVID-19.
When participants join Wilder Connect at the Community Center for Aging in Saint Paul, they can expect:
- A clean, safe and sanitized space with daily health screenings, temperature checks and physical distancing measures to protect caregivers and clients during COVID-19.
- To be in small groups of 10 or fewer people at the Wilder Community Center for Aging in Saint Paul, MN.
- A healthy, delicious lunch.
- To receive personal support from professionally trained Wilder staff and volunteers, including assistance needed with hygiene.
- To engage in physical, cognitive and social activities such as exercise, arts & crafts, lively discussions, games and more.
Wilder Connect is available on the following days:
- Tuesdays 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wednesdays 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursdays 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. (first weekend of the month)
$104 per 4-hour day and includes all care, activities and meals.* Sliding fee scale is available based on household income.**
*Caregivers and participants must arrange their own transportation to and from the program.
**Funded under contract with the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging, Inc. as part of the Older Americans Act.
Learn more and register:
Contact us at 651-280-2294 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up for Wilder Connect!