FII Twin Cities starts with the assumption that society has underestimated the capacity and initiative of low-income communities to improve their financial well-being. Our goal is to remove the barriers and debunk the myths that families face as they work to escape poverty.
Our approach is simple, but requires commitment and connection.
- Organize a group of friends, colleagues, community members
- Work with 5-7 other families/households to identify goals (e.g. wealth creation, stable housing, health and wellness, affordable child care, education)
- Attend monthly meetings
- Submit a monthly online journal
- Participate and engage
- Compensate participants for time and data
- Track data and trends to provide insight on what is needed to help families achieve goals
- Make capital resources available (e.g. loans, grants, lending circles)