The Community Equity Program (CEP) is an immersive leadership program that brings together up to 20 Indigenous, Black and People of Color who currently serve as community and nonprofit leaders to build an even more powerful and influential voice in public policy decision making in order to drive social change and transform lives in Minnesota.
Community Equity Program's mission is to deepen engagement of BIPOC communities in the legislative process by building connections to people, communities, groups, and organizations that influence or enact public policy.
9 months (September - May) & Graduation (June)
- Four hour cohort sessions every two weeks focused on legislative knowledge, advocacy skills, racial equity, and building a cohort learning community
- Four hours per week engaging in legislative activities with coalitions and Partner Advocates
- CEP follows a cohort model which includes up to 20 participants per cycle
- Identify as a Black, Indigenous or Person of Color
- Demonstrate clear connection to and involvement with BIPOC communities
- Interests in building power for and with BIPOC communities
- Committed to attending scheduled cohort meetings and coalition activities during the extent of the program