The Community Equity Program (CEP) is an immersive program housed out of Wilder Foundation that brings together up to 15 Black, Indigenous, Black, People of Color (BIPOC) who currently serve as community leaders to build an even more powerful and influential voice in public policy decision making in order to drive social change and transform lives in Minnesota.
Community Equity Program's mission is to deepen engagement of BIPOC communities in the legislative process by building connections to people, communities, groups, and organizations that influence or enact public policy.
9 months (September - May)
Cohort members should expect to spend about 20 hours per month on CEP-related activities.
- 5-hour cohort educational sessions every other Friday from September-May
- 3-5 hours per month working with your paired advocacy coalition/organization
- 3-5 hours per month spent on individual assignments, group projects, time at the Capitol, etc.
- Regular 1:1 technical assistance/support check-ins with staff (monthly or every other month)
- Mandatory All-Day Kickoff Retreat in September
- Mandatory 2-Night Retreat in January
Who should participate in CEP?
Our program is open to applicants who are both early and seasoned in their leadership journeys. At CEP, we are more interested in learning about your passions and commitment to building your skills to shift policies and make change in the communities you care about than degrees and accolades. Everyone has something to learn and share from/with one another.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older by September 1st, 2020
- Identify as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color
- Demonstrate clear connection to and involvement with BIPOC communities
- Interests in building power for and with BIPOC communities
- Committed to attending scheduled cohort meetings and coalition activities during the extent of the program (students are welcome to apply if they can guarantee their availability the entire program year)