Latest updates and media mentions
Data and analysis from the Minnesota Homeless Study provide insights and inform action in the work to eliminate homelessness in Minnesota.
Below are highlights of the many ways we are sharing what we learned from the study to make an impact.
7 Things to Know About the Minnesota Homeless StudyIn October 2023, Wilder Research will partner with state agencies, tribes, housing service providers, and volunteers across the state to interview thousands of people experiencing homelessness as part of the next Minnesota Homeless Study. Read the article »
Minnesota Homeless Study In the News
- Reimagined LGBTQ+ Pride festival lifts voices of people of color (Mshale) – Includes data from an analysis of homelessness among people who identify as LGBTQ in Minnesota.
- The state with the most homelessness isn’t New York, according to data – it’s this (MSN)
- Don’t let progress on homelessness slip away (Star Tribune) – Cites findings from the 2018 Minnesota Homeless Study.
- How to aid seniors who need it (Star Tribune) - This opinion piece references Minnesota Homeless Study data on older adult homelessness.
- The state with the most homelessness isn't New York, according to data—it's this (MSN)
- Homelessness in our backyard (Press Publications)
- Philanthropy is not enough — Legislature needs to step up for homeless youth | Opinion (Star Tribune) – References data on youth experiencing homelessness from the 2018 study.
Out and About: Presentations and Events
Beyond the Numbers: Using Data to Address and End Homelessness
Learn about the unique ways community members engage with and use the Minnesota Homeless Study to inform programs, services, policy, and funding, and how homelessness is addressed in our state.
- Emcee: Brandt Williams, Reporter, Minnesota Public Radio
- Panelist: Michelle Decker Gerrard, Minnesota Homeless Study Director, Wilder Research
- Panelist: Cathy ten Broeke, Director to Prevent and End Homelessness, State of Minnesota
- Panelist: David Schultz, Metro State University Professor, Homeless Study Volunteer