Informed by our values and principles, and inspired by the resilience, expertise and strength of our clients and staff, our 2022 legislative agenda reflects Wilder’s commitment to serving our community.
Wilder's Lead Agenda Items
1. Stable & Accessible Public Health Care Programs: Mental & Physical Health Care, Housing, & Homelessness Prevention
Wilder will work to improve access to quality health care in Minnesota.
- Enhance Medicaid - Wilder will work through the This Is Medicaid (TIM) Coalition on proactive efforts to solidify and improve Minnesota’s Medicaid Program.
- Healthcare Workforce - Wilder will work with its statewide partners to address the critical workforce crisis by seeking to implement practical solutions to ensure that our healthcare workforce, particularly home and community-based services and behavioral health, have the needed resources to provide quality care for all.
2. Affordable Housing & Homelessness Prevention
Wilder will work to increase access to safe and affordable housing and to prevent homelessness for all Minnesotans.
- Homes for All Agenda - Wilder will work through the Homes for All Coalition, as a key leader, to improve housing stability and increase supports for people experiencing homelessness in Minnesota.
In addition to these lead items, Wilder will engage as a supporting and endorsing partner for many additional efforts. For more information, please review Wilder’s 2022 Legislative Agenda.
Public Policy Updates
Moving forward, you can expect regular bite-sized posts from Wilder’s Public Policy team. These posts will feature updates on the public policy work of Wilder staff, analyses about policy issues important to the broader Wilder community, opportunities for engagement and tips on how to translate your expertise into powerful advocacy.
The Public Policy team is actively working on increasing its engagement with community, this is only one vehicle to further integrate with our amazing community. Adrián Magana, the Director of Public Policy & Community Relations invites you to contact him with any feedback, ideas for content, and information relating to these posts or other ideas for providing the community useful information and meaningful avenues to engage. Contact Adrián at email@example.com