Children’s Mental Health Case Management

Children’s Mental Health Case Management assists children with serious emotional disturbances and their families to plan, access and coordinate mental health and supportive services. Under contract with Ramsey County, Wilder case managers provide coordination, referral and access to specialized mental health resources and treatment for children with significant mental health concerns. Wilder provides both “Initial Response” services, which offer assessment and service support in the first few months following a referral, and ongoing case management to help stabilize and improve the functioning of children.


  • Coordination and referrals to community services
  • Safety plan development for children and families
  • Collaboration with service providers to ensure that the service is addressing mental health needs
  • Parent involvement in their child’s mental health needs
  • Bilingual/bicultural Hmong and Cambodian providers available

How to Access

Referrals are accepted through children’s intake at Ramsey County Human Services. A Diagnostic Assessment (DA) must be completed within the previous 180 days (Wilder and other community agencies can assist with DA completion). Child must be on Medical Assistance (MA), Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP) or meet TEFRA requirements.


Clinic Intake: 651-280-2310.

For information on how to refer a child to Children’s Mental Health Case Management, contact the Ramsey County Human Services Children’s Services screeners at 651-266-4111.

 Quick Links