Damon Shoholm Named Director of the James P. Shannon Institute
Congratulations to Damon Shoholm, who has been selected as the director of the James P. Shannon Leadership Institute. Read more here.
Renew. Recharge. Rededicate.
The James P. Shannon Leadership Institute is a structured, challenging and supportive opportunity for personal and professional renewal for experienced leaders of philanthropic, civic and community service organizations. The result of the work is that participants:
- Clarify the purpose of their work and the core values they want that work to exemplify
- Identify strategies to increase their effectiveness
- Articulate changes needed to enhance focus, commitment, energy and satisfaction
Who should participate?
The Shannon Institute is designed for people who have demonstrated leadership in nonprofit, public, and community-serving organizations. Participants have in common:
- At least five years experience in organizational or community service
- A desire to gain greater focus, increased energy, and satisfaction from their work
- A willingness to commit to a yearlong renewal process.
Participants work in a group of approximately 20 people who come from diverse backgrounds, organization types, ethnicities, and geographic locations.