Aly joined Wilder Research in September 2022. Her work includes preparing and analyzing datasets and contributing to survey design and analytic planning. Aly’s interests include using quantitative methods to promote health and well-being through public health research.
Prior to Wilder Research, Aly worked as a postdoctoral research associate at the University of Colorado Boulder Institute of Cognitive Science. Her work focused on the relation between stressful experiences and mental health, and how neural and cognitive factors can protect against the negative impacts of stressful experiences. Aly completed her PhD in neuroscience at Brandeis University, and her BA in neuroscience at Middlebury College.
In her free time, Aly enjoys spending time outdoors running and cross country skiing, baking, and doing any kinds of puzzles (crosswords, jigsaws, escape rooms, etc!).
- Wicks, J. J., Taylor, M. M., Fassett-Carman, A. N., Neilson, C., Peterson, E. C., Kaiser, R. H., & Snyder, H. R. (2022). Coping with COVID stress: Maladaptive and adaptive response styles predicting college student internalizing symptom dimensions. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 1-17. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10862-022-09975-7
- Shields, G. S., Fassett-Carman, A. N., Gray, Z. J., Gonzales, J. E., Snyder, H. R., & Slavich, G. M. (2022). Why is subjective stress severity a stronger predictor of health than stressor exposure? A preregistered two-study test of two hypotheses. Stress and Health, 1–16. https://doi.org/10.1002/smi.3165
- Fassett-Carman, A. N., Smolker, H., Hankin, B. L., Snyder, H. R., & Banich, M. T. (2022). Neuroanatomical correlates of perceived stress controllability in adolescents and emerging adults. Cognitive, Affective & Behavioral Neuroscience, 22(4), 655–671. https://doi.org/10.3758/s13415-022-00985-2
- Rychik, N., Fassett-Carman, A.N., & Snyder, H.R. (2020). Dependent stress mediates the relation between ADHD symptoms and depression. Journal of Attention Disorders, 25(12), 1676–1686. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1087054720925900
- Fassett-Carman, A.N., DiDomenico, G.E., von Steiger, J., & Snyder, H.R. (2019). Clarifying stress-internalizing associations: Stress frequency and appraisals of severity and controllability are differentially related to depression-specific, anxiety-specific, and transdiagnostic internalizing factors. Journal of affective disorders, 260, 638-645. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2019.09.053
- Fassett-Carman, A.N., Hankin, B.L., & Snyder, H.R. (2019). Appraisals of dependent stressor controllability and severity are associated with depression and anxiety symptoms in youth. Anxiety, Stress, & Coping, 32(1), 32 - 49. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10615806.2018.1532504