Understanding and Addressing Racial Trauma: Annual Conference on Psychotherapy & Mental Health
Explore how the mental health community can better prepare itself for helping clients with trauma and PTSD related to experiences involving racism and oppression
December 4, 2020 | 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Virtual Event | CEUs Available
Presented by Dr. Monnica Williams and Dr. Chad Wetterneck, this Canvas Health and Wilder Foundation 3rd Annual Conference on Psychotherapy and Mental Health will help participants to:
- Define racial trauma and the cultural considerations in treating race-based PTSD.
- Describe how racial trauma may develop and be maintained.
- Utilize validated techniques to assess race-based stress and trauma.
- Identify the various facets of racial trauma, including the experience of historical, cultural, and individual trauma.
- Discuss the impact of racial trauma on the therapeutic relationship.
Agenda Topics: Understanding Racial Trauma, Assessing Racial Trauma, Racial & Ethnic Identity, Practice Using the UnRESTS, Treating Racial Trauma, Interactive Exercises, Personal Growth as a Therapist and Continued Learning.
Conference Cancellation Policy:
Registrations are transferable. We accept early cancellations via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: No-shows and cancellation emails received after December 1, 2020 will result in billing of the full registration fee. For more information, or to register by phone, call (651) 251-5059.