Suicide Risk Assessment for Children and Adolescents
Learn how to effectively communicate with children, adolescents, and their caregivers about suicide and self-harm and conduct suicide risk assessments with this trauma-informed training
Date & Time:
Friday, April 19, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Standard Rate: $85
Group Rate: $75
Wilder Center (Amherst H. Wilder Foundation)
451 Lexington Parkway North
Saint Paul, MN 55104
About this workshop:
Wilder's Community Mental Health and Wellness team is presenting this Trauma-Informed training called "Suicide Risk Assessment for Children and Adolescents."
What participants will learn:
- How to effectively communicate with children, adolescents, and their caregivers about suicide and self-harm.
- Risk and protective factors related to youth suicide.
- Conducting a suicide risk assessment with children and adolescents.
- Strategies for responding to self-harm behaviors in children and adolescents.
- Cultural considerations when responding to suicidal and self-harm thoughts and behaviors.
- How to manage risk factors (safety planning) and when to refer to a higher level of care.
- What to expect when you send a youth to the hospital for further evaluation.
Who should attend:
- Mental Health Professionals
Questions about Suicide Risk Assessments, please contact Sara Nelson at email@example.com
This educational training workshop is provided by the Wilder Center for Learning and Excellence™.