Secondary Traumatic Stress and Resilience Strategies for Sustainability
Join this trauma-informed training to learn about secondary traumatic stress and workplace resilience strategies for personal and professional sustainability
Date & Time:
Friday, June 14, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Price: Includes 3.0 - 3.5 CEUs
Standard Rate: $85
Group Rate: $75
Wilder Center (Amherst H. Wilder Foundation)
451 Lexington Parkway North
Saint Paul, MN 55104
About this trauma-informed training workshop presented by the Wilder Community Mental Health & Wellness team:
In this workshop, we will hold both trauma and resilience, while working together to generate strategies for sustainability in our work and our lives. Practitioners and therapists from Wilder’s school-based mental health services and programs, Kofi and Hlub Zoo, are honored to hold space for collective learning and dreaming together, regarding these important themes of our work.
What participants will learn:
- Define and identify warning signs of secondary traumatic stress in themselves and others.
- Define and identify resilience factors/cultural resiliency skills in themselves and others.
- Develop an individualized sustainability plan, through supportive dialogue and connection with others.
Who should attend:
Health practitioners, therapists, case managers, social workers, teachers, community organizers, activists, caregivers and healers of all kinds
Continuing Education Units Offered:
- Minnesota Board of Psychology - 3.5 CEU hours
- Minnesota Board of Social Work - 3.0 CEU hours
- Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy - 3.0 CEU hours
- Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy - 3.0 hours CEU hours
About the presenters:
- Mary Her, LICSW, is a Clinical Therapist for the Hlub Zoo, a school-based mental health program for Hmong youth and their families.
- Michael Brooks, MSW, LGSW, is a clinical therapist for the KOFI program through the Wilder Foundation.
- Cristina Combs is a licensed Clinical Social Worker and Clinical Supervisor of Wilder’s school-based mental health services and programs.
Questions? Contact Cristina Combs at email@example.com.
This educational training workshop is provided by the Wilder Center for Learning and Excellence™.