Intercultural Development Part 2: Influence of Culture in the Workplace
Join part two from the Foundations of Intercultural Development Series and learn how to be flexible, discover new cultural factors across approaches to work, communication, and orientation towards time.
Date & Time:
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Standard Rate: $65.00
- Group Rate: $55.00
Wilder Center (Amherst H. Wilder Foundation)
451 Lexington Parkway North
Saint Paul, MN 55104
More about this training workshop lead by the Wilder Diversity, Racial Equity and Inclusion team:
- Understand elements of culture that influence individuals workstyle, communication style and time orientation.
- Clarify the influences of your own culture on values and beliefs
- Deepen one's understanding of cultural general frameworks for workstyle, time and communication
- Be adaptive and use the intercultural continuum to make sense of workplace diversity and how to build inclusion
- Remain curious and adaptive when misunderstanding happen at work
Who should attend:
Employees and staff who are good at seeing cross-cultural commonalities and need to build your toolbox for discovering the aspects of culture that will matter to building inclusion.
Note: Attending Intercultural Development Part 1 is recommended for a more in-depth understanding of individual and workplace culture but not required.