Discover Your Conflict Style: Cross-Cultural Communication Series Workshop 1
Discover why knowing your approach to communication and the impact of emotional expressions can help resolve conflicts.
Date & Time:
- Friday, February 21, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Location: Wilder Center (see map below)
Cost: $65-$75 (includes light breakfast and the completion of the Intercultural Conflict Styles Inventory (ICS®) assessment)
About "Discover Your Conflict Style: Cross-Cultural Communication Series Workshop 1"
How you respond to disagreements matters when working in a diverse group or team. Emotions might be high, but understanding their impact and how you react to an individual’s expressions can help you resolve conflicts across cultural differences. Using the Intercultural Conflict Styles Inventory (ICS®) assessment tool, Wilder trainers Cardina Esparza and Nell Goepel will work with you to:
- Learn about four forms of communication and your preferred approach to communication
- Reflect on the perception of emotions and your reactions during disagreements
- Gain a cross-cultural understanding of communication and conflict resolution
- Complete the Intercultural Conflict Styles Inventory (ICS®) assessment. *Please note: If you have taken the ICS assessment, please bring your results and guide to the workshop.
Attend this workshop series if you lead or work with multicultural and intergenerational teams or groups and are looking for strategies that:
- Help initiate conversations, remain flexible and get past disagreements.
- Improve group dynamics, inclusion and unity.
- Set communication and behavioral expectations when building a new team.
Past participants who completed the Cross-Cultural Communication series have been from:
School districts, nonprofit organizations, boards of directors, cross-organizational committees, government agencies, neighborhood councils and philanthropic initiatives